Monday, June 27, 2011

Defined

Desire and Effort. These two components set everybody apart from each other. These are the items that fuel the society in which we live in. Some people say, thoughts and action must happened for the world to function. I would argue that thoughts are different from desires and actions different than effort. Unlike a mere thought, desire denotes passion and motivation.  If I desire for something to happen, some form of emotion good or bad is behind the thought.  Then once your desire can be set into motion by not just an action but real genuine effort. Desire without effort is simply another strong belief that comes from our hearts strings. An action can be so small as to lift a finger, but an effort means that the action takes time and an amount of struggle in order to be achieved. Effort is the driving factor to create change.

I believe that these two words desire and effort can be put together can transform our outlook on a lot of areas in our lives, one being relationships.

A relationship without desire and passion is dead. Nobody wants to hang out with anybody that they don’t like. If you do not desire to be with somebody, then clearly the relationship is over before it began. However the next part is a little trickier. How do you manifest your desire in the form of effort? How do you continuously give effort? Showing someone that you desire them everyday, that is true love. I can get told everyday that I am loved, but if you put effort into showing me. Then I know it is real.

The lesson that I have learned today is that emotion fueling desire with effort will allow me to transform my complacent relationships into fruitful communion with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers