Friday, June 17, 2011

Older

Dancing on a brick wall and making the neighborhood kids come and watch. Sliding down a long steep driveway in the snow on a makeshift sled. Painting pottery poolside in Mexico. Trying limoncello while dreaming about tomorrow. These are some of the fond memories I have with a childhood friend that told me that she is getting married! I am a first time bridesmaid and I am super pumped! I received the news while at my first business conference among coworkers and it came as a shock.

I love the life that I have chosen for myself and it is even more apparent while I sat next to a screaming child on the plane on my way back home today. I am incredibly happy for those moving on into the married part of their lives, but I am not ready to continue on into the children realm quite yet. After the business trip that consisted of being up before six most days and continued on well past dinner, I was less than thrilled to be seated next to said child.

Lesson for the day be happy for others and be happy for your decisions. At the end of the day I am glad I made the choices that I did and I am glad to be a young professional trying to make her way in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers