Friday, June 24, 2011

Travel

Normally when I think of traveling it gets me super excited! The places that I have had the fortune to go see and the experiences that I have gained that will last forever. Somehow the thought of traveling after spending two weeks out of town at conferences for work seems excruciating. I have still not made it home safely to my dog and house, both of which I miss terribly.

When traveling the idea of home often comes to mind and for the past couple of years the image that comes to my mind when I say home is blank. I grew up in the same house for 18 years and as soon as I went off to college my mom bought a new house down at the lake. Therefore it was the lake house and my home as I knew it vanished. Ever since then I have been struggling to find my idea of a home. Even though I bought a house a couple of years ago it still wasn't home because it had furniture I didn't pick out in it and I wasn't to sure how long I was going to be there so I didn't want to get to attached.

Now that I know I will be in the house for a lot longer with my new job and the idea of it becoming my home has become a reality. Being gone for two weeks has solidified my thinking of my house as my new home that I love.

The lesson that I have learned is that change is a good thing. Something that you may find enjoyable like travel can turn out to be stressful and something that has been lost can be found, like a home. I am however still waiting to build a house of my own that can be a real long lasting home and what an adventure that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers