Sunday, June 5, 2011

Growing

This past weekend, I spent time with my grandmother. She is the only grandmother I have alive and she flew down along with my aunt from Virginia to see me. It is fascinating to think how much she has seen over the course of her lifetime. Also this weekend, one of my best friends Holly's sister had a baby shower. I enjoyed getting to see people I haven't gotten to see in a long time and celebrate the new life that is shortly going to be coming into this world.

In one weekend, I experienced growing old and growing up. Both of which scare me completely. At the baby shower it was talked about how Holly and I are the next in line to have children because we are the oldest. It is true we are, but it is crazy to think about such things. At the age of 24, if I was my grandmother I would have had two children already ages seven and five. If I was my mother I would have been married for three years already. I know that nobody should compare themselves to anybody else but part of me is screaming that I need to hurry up and do something!

The part of being a young professional is setting yourself up to have a great life to give your future spouse and children. The question is how long do you have to wait? How long do I have to wait until I am set up as much as I need to be? Will anybody be waiting for me when I am done with this journey? Those are the questions that I constantly ask myself, but I need to quit. The lesson I learned today is that everything will come in perfect timing, because it is not up to me. God will decide my fate. What I have to do is prepare my life and mind for the right things to fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers