Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Separated

Things stay the same for a little while, then a catalyst comes along and shakes things up. A graduation, a marriage or a conversation. They come in and change your life. My roommate for the last year and half is leaving me. It is hitting me harder than being given separation papers. Amelia has been a huge influence in my life in baking, God, music and love. Her passion for life has driven me further than I ever thought possible. I have cherished our crazy talks about how I hate the fact she wears leggings everywhere. Tap dancing on the hardwood floors. Singing in the shower. Going over her lines for the up coming play. Doing a devotional and praying together. Being by her side for major life achievements, such as acceptance to law schools and her determination not to give out her number to a strange man (which she later failed, with a justified reason of course).





The randomness that has taken place in our house, the joy that has filled the air. If walls could talk, rather sing, they would speak in a Very Mary Kate voice with a little Kate Reed (Fairly Legal) for reason. They would speak of boy heartache next step conversations, cooking lessons, but mostly uncontrollable laughter.
Amelia made me scones almost every Friday and she made me coffee every single morning. She has such a selfless personality so one of the things I taught her this semester is the power to say no. But in many more ways she has taught me to say yes in love and thoughtfulness. 


I admire her adventurous spirit ( how we ran 5 miles one day, she ran circles around me and I got shin splints), her ability to learn numerous songs in different languages, and desire to help people which is why she is going to law school.


I will leave you with a song that I will forever associate with Amelia, because she did this song at her senior show with Tupperware.


I love you Amelia and I will miss you being my roommate, but you will always be my friend in my heart. Oh and the fact that you are just going to be an hour away in Atlanta is fabulous!

1 comment:

  1. What a totally sweet post!! Sounds like both of you have been blessed the the other one.

    Love you,
    Momma Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Followers