Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Leader

Taking charge, stepping up, being a leader. Those words, better yet thoughts have been surrounding me the past few weeks as changes and events have taken place. Here are some of the reasons why:

My father was the mayor of the town I grew up in. He lead his community, my home community through so much. Just like he did with my family. The city hall was named after him, because of his leadership.
This is in Lilburn, GA less than a mile from the house that I grew up in. Leading is about change, but I am no so sure that all change is good change.
In Leadership Rome, we got the opportunity to kayak down a river in Rome. I am thankful that I got the guts to do it!
This is the suitcase that I gave Amelia before she left to go after her dreams. At this very moment she is interviewing with one of the top law firms in the country. She will lead so may people.
This photo is of the Winshape Retreat Center where I attended the Chick-fil-a  Leadercast 2012.
My dress and wedges hanging out on the lawn of Berry College's graduation. Where leaders have been made.
The centerpiece of my cousin's wedding. A new relationship for the bride and groom will begin.
Ok, ok I didn't lead anything but I heart crab legs.
Holly tasting oysters for the first time!
Sometimes leaders need to rest on the beach too.
Glenn leading my grass into submission.
Receiving my diploma of sorts at the Leadership Rome graduation.
At dusk on top of Myrtle Hill Cemetery where Glenn and I discussed  what it takes to be a leader and what an amazing grandfather he had who is buried here as a veteran and doctor in this great community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers