Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tomatoes

What is real, true, and beautiful? It is you silly! Believe it, live your life by it. Make real food from scratch. Clean up the world you live in. Be with the people you love. Laugh at the little crazy things that appear.


Tomatoes. I hate them, well hate is a strong word, but I hate them. If I was told that I had to take a bite out of a tomato like I would an apple, I would make a gagging noise and say no thank you. However, I like them with things in their non-raw form. Like in a homemade tomato sauce. The amount of preservatives found in tomato sauce is totally crazy, cra-cra crazy. It is way cheaper to make you own. I promise. And I even more promise that it is simple and you won't be in the mummification before it is due time.

EASY PEASY TOMATO SAUCE:

3 big awesome tomatoes
1/2 of a medium sweet onion
3 garlic cloves (more if you love it)
1 can of organic tomato paste
1/2 to 1 cup of  red wine depending on how liquid you like the sauce
3 tsps of fresh herbs (basil or oregano or both)
a swirl of extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

For non-vegetarians feel free to add some ground pork, chicken or traditional beef.

Directions: Add all and let simmer for an hour, while you drink the rest of the wine and you have tomato sauce.


Oak Hill is so beautiful. I mean like the house on the movie Sweet Home Alabama beautiful. Oh wait it was! For the Young Alumni Weekend at Berry College, we got to be apart of cleaning up/clearing out some of the trails behind the museum. It was a lot of fun. I enjoyed spending time with some amazing past alumnus of Berry.


This is Jeff Hawkins. He is a stud. At least that is what he will tell you =) He is honestly one of my best friends and I had the pleasure of hanging out with him on one of his craziest weekends of his life this past weekend, and as you can see he is driving a bus! Haha


Music set to soft lighting is the best! It was here that earlier in the evening that my mom's rental lake house was auctioned off for the good cause of buying a tractor for the season's harvest. It was so much fun! Live auctions are a hoot!


I heart Chattanooga! One of my work stops was in Chattanooga this week and I got to enjoy the running water of stairs! How cool is this!


It is a fox lamp. It is currently looking at me right now as I type this. It is creepy. It is in my hotel. It is going to haunt me tonight I just know it. 


As creepy as the fox lamp is, the view from the hotel room is awesome. One of the greatest things about traveling for work is getting to experience different views, different perspectives.

I wish the best on all of the readers of my blog this week. I wish you the very best. Oh, I almost forgot. I have a secret that I must tell you. I am revamping this blog/ getting a new blog for myself. I am having the amazing Savannah over at Maiedae design it for me. I will give you a hint, the new name starts with an R. Can you guess what its name will be?


1 comment:

  1. Ooooo! I know I know!!! :) I guess that would be cheating though. I love the recipe! If I had read this last night, I might have tried it because I cooked spaghetti.

    ReplyDelete

Followers