Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Crunch

At my job it is currently crunch time. Myself and those that I work along side with have been pushed to the max and we are still not out of the woods. I was sick the other day and had to stay at home, but I still managed to have a conference calls between running to the bathroom. Why do you ask? Because it wasn't really an option.

When you are shoved into a corner and things have to get done, how do you manage stress?

The management of the stress, that will always come, is what can literally make or break you. Understanding that at the end of the day your world will not come to a crashing halt if you miss a deadline, but you better have tried everything in your power to make it.

One of the best ways to manage stress during crunch time is to ask for help. See if somebody at your office or in your personal life can help you with anything and everything. My friend brought me medication to my house minutes before my conference call. I didn't have my office computer at home, so one of my coworkers sent me all the necessary paperwork to my personal email so I could be ready to go. I asked for help and I have a great network of people who were willing to make my life easier.

The reason why I work and have my career is to gain knowledge and to support myself and my dog (believe me she has cost me a lot, but I love her regardless). Work is not worth getting so stressed over that you can't sleep at night. Enjoy life to the fullest and spend time with the awesome people that can help you manage your stress when it comes, after all isn't that what life is about.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Which is exactly why we will push through this week and have an incredible stress free fun time together starting in 8 days! I am so excited to just spend quality time with my best friend in the world. It will be great to relax, laugh, catch up, and have the time of our lives! Yes that is what life is about, we work so we can live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100%. The way one deals with stress is super important. By the way Kate, I enjoy reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers