Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Proud

What makes you proud? What makes you smile at the end of the day? What would make you say, “I feel so accomplished”?

Is it something that everybody can do? One day I will hopefully find the one I want to be with forever and get married. Then after a few years of marriage I hope I will have the good fortune of bringing beautiful healthy children into this world. Are those things something that I should be proud of or not, because let’s face it a lot of people in the world have the ability to do just that.

My last trip to Wal-Mart made me validate this finding that most people have the ability to have children, all though they do not necessarily have the ability to raise them. A mother had in her arms a baby, which I believe was less than six months old with its head flopping around while she was walking to her car. She then proceeds to get into her car still holding the baby and light up a cigarette and drive off with the child in her lap. This enraged me and confirmed my belief that I don’t need to be proud of something that most people can accomplish.

In the professional world, I get enjoyment out of learning new ways to network effectively and read people. I put my marketing skills into practice when designing new flyers for my agency to use. I am proud of myself for gaining valuable skills that not everybody can obtain and I should not stress myself over something that everyone can do. My mom continuously tells me, honey you won’t be single forever one day you will be somebody’s catch of a lifetime. What I should be doing is focusing on what not everybody is capable of doing, and enjoy the talents and accomplishments that few have been able to obtain. Make sure you are making yourself an expert in something that people will one day come to you for your advice on. Those are the things that you should be proud of and make you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers