Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Endless

Patience is something that I lack in all since of the word. Patience is the willingness and ability to suppress restlessness when confronted with a delay. My lack of patience has sometimes put me in a tough spot to get out of, but most of all it shows my lack of constraint.


"But since I was worse (of a sinner) than anyone else, God had mercy on me and let me be an example of the endless patience of Christ Jesus. He did this so that others would put their faith in Christ and have eternal life." 1 Timothy 1:16


Endless patience. That blows me away, God chose me to showcase his ongoing everyday patience, so I can shine his love that others may follow him. God knows that everyday I will struggle to be like Jesus and I will fall to sin, but he has endless patience for me.

Tonight I rode around in a car with the windows down and wind rushing through my hair as the hot summer night blew into my face. Peace came over me and I knew that everything was right in the world. I may not have my life figured out completely, but I have a God that has endless patience. I want to be his example of mercy, but first I have to find my own patience one calm night at a time. I am thankful God gives me the opportunities like tonight to be still and be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers