Sunday, August 14, 2011

Adapt

Walking into a room you can quickly analyze the situation at hand. What are the people wearing? How are the positioned together? Who is talking the most? Can you feel the tension?

When moving into a situation where you are the newcomer your ability to adapt is what can make or break the mood and allow for initial impressions to develop.

Right now in my life I am meeting a lot of new people and the stability of my life seems to constantly be swaying like a boat in the waves. Therefore my ability to adapt has been on high alert. However maintaining a balance between being true to you and adapting to others behaviors is a tight rope act. That being said I am always eager to seek out others lifestyles and try them on to see if it is something I enjoy, which seems to make my life slowly more complex.

The makeup artist, tea party host, photographer, doctor, hog roaster, dancer, rap lyricist, shopper, golfer, poker player, joker, and truth seeker. These words describe the amazing people in my life that have shown me new exciting things about the world, that at one time started with a new situation.

Being able to adapt to the room and creating meaningful friendships from that will then allow you to take on new lifestyle skills which will make you better equipped for your next encounter. Just make sure that those people that you adapt to are freakin awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers