Sunday, October 30, 2011

Unconditional

A table, most are made from wood and are fairly simple but what really makes them special is the people sitting around them. This weekend tables were filled with food, board games, photographs, white elephant gifts and more importantly were surrounded by people.


Most of my family both mom and dad side live in Virginia, so seeing my extended family can be quite a haul but always worth it. On average I spend about two weeks with my extended family all year, so it is super exciting when I get to see them. It was the Johnson family reunion (my mother’s side) and with my mom having four other siblings with children and grandchildren, all coming together with memories getting passed back and forth and new photographs getting taken it was quite exciting.

Family is an amazing thing. The unconditional love that is expressed between people that are connected for life by blood, adoption or marriage is completely unique. Being an only child I often wonder what it will be like when I get older, and I hope that enough of extended family will be around to make up for my lack of siblings. I always want to have crazy difficult to open packages, water testing questions to be asked and enough food to be present to feed hundreds. Unconditional love + family = always a reason to be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers