Monday, October 24, 2011

Broken

Beverages are the way to my heart. I love drinks of all kinds, more than food. Wine, coffee, chai, grande two pump pumpkin spice two pump white chocolate non-fat no-whip latte (my fall favorite), I enjoy them all. Therefore the containers that they come in are super important. I have to align my Starbucks sleeve so that the siren lines up perfectly with the one on the cup, the white ceramic coffee mug that I use everyday and two complete sets of wine glasses from Crate and Barrel my mom got me two Christmases ago.

He broke it. He broke one of my wine glasses. How could he do that? I felt the stress build up inside my body and it spewed out of my mouth as all forms of negative. How am I going to replace it? It is a part of a set, and I don’t know the exact name of set. I don’t even know how to even start to find a replacement.  It just lay there shattered on the floor and I screamed at him, loudly that it is his fault and how could he do that to my wine glass. I was totally and completely pissed. He just stood there, in awe that I was so upset. He didn't know what to do.

Almost a year to the date, she broke it. She called me up while I was at work. She asked me how my day was going. I told her that that it was going well. Then she told me that she was putting up a wine glass and she broke it. She confessed her apologies and said she would replace the glass, even the whole set if I wanted her to. I told her not to worry about it, that it was fine and it truly was. She was relieved.
True the people were different, the back stories of my relationships with these two people are different, but the important thing is that I am now different.

Over the course of the past year I have learned how to not value things, but value people. Items can be replaced; emotional baggage that you could create is not worth any item. The people who are involved in your life and that you care about are always more important than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers