Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Done

Driving drives me to sin. The lack of consideration of other people on the road makes me want to scream, and well sometimes I do just that. I am currently on a road trip for my job that has taken me across four state lines in one week. The number of awesome (insert sarcasm) drivers I have seen is incredible. God seriously is testing me this week in more ways than one.

She just sat there, texting on her phone, in her yellow mustang tapping away with her long fake fingernails in the middle of the exit. I couldn’t get out of the parking lot. She was completely blocking the whole exit and she didn’t even notice. I slowly moved closer to her car almost to the point of hitting it before she looked up. She then moved about two feet forward so I could barely squeeze by, but my poor car hopped the curb in order to avoid her completely. The whole reason I was leaving the parking lot is because I couldn’t find a parking space but one opened up during the whole exit debacle. So I went around to the entrance of the parking lot again only to find that during the time I had to wait at the light, Ms. Mustang decided that she wanted to leave through the entrance. Really. First you block the exit and then you block the entrance so I can no longer get into the parking lot. I GIVE UP!

I was attempting to get into the visitors information parking lot at a large university and failed and this one lady was my road block into meeting a potential client. I didn’t know how to find the building that I wanted.  I gave up completely. I set my GPS towards the next destination. Once I did this, I was loaded with guilt that I had failed. I didn’t know what I would tell everybody at work why I couldn’t accomplish my task. Then two miles down the road, feeling sorry for myself I saw a sign. It was the building complex that I was looking for the whole time. It was set apart from the rest of the campus, so I pulled my car in the right parking lot, got my stuff together and walked in with confidence.

Crazy right? No, not really. Testing my patience is just one way that God gets my attention to let me know that He is in control. He has my back no matter what.

“In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.” Proverbs 16:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers