Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Drowning

An island is defined as a mass of land surrounded by water. The water that is slowly engulfing me is knowledge. These past few days I have gained knowledge about my leadership style, community, and people. It is incredible how much new information one person can process throughout the day. I wouldn’t say that it stresses me out because of how much I have acquired in my mind, but rather I just feel drained.

Good and Bad.

Good. Gaining knowledge allows you to be more educated on a topic, which in turn can help you personally and professionally. This past Friday and Saturday I was a part of a leadership retreat where I learned about different ways people serve as leaders and about the community I live in. After the retreat, I feel I can better assess the leaders around me and can tell people more about Rome, Georgia.

Not to Shabby for a floating dock!
Bad. Knowledge can give you insight into others sometimes messy lives. I have recently been told a lot of information from individuals that hurt my heart. I would be a terrible counselor because I am not able to protect myself from the pain of others devastation. However the knowledge that I have gained from their falls has hopefully protected me from stumbling.

I don’t think it will ever stop. I will constantly be gaining more knowledge every single day some good and some bad. Thinking of how I am going to keep myself a float with the waters rising is can be a struggle. However I know though that God and the people in my life will never let me sink. The loud singing, puppy dog kisses, contagious laughter and words of encouragement keep me lifted higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers