Friday, September 16, 2011

Dot

Organization is the key to being efficient. If items have places and people have schedules they are more like to budget their time and skills more efficiently. My iPhone has lots of dots on it, which means I have lots of appointments, but they are not just for work, they are for everything. I have created a reoccurring appointment for calling my grandmother and certain prayers. Oh and of course it is also connected with my professional life as well reminding me to send invoices or call clients. Having a system set in place will in essence create a more balanced life. If you have a certain friend that you want to catch up with, put it on your calendar and you are way more likely not to forget. It is a life saver, promise you won’t regret it.

I know I know, what about being spontaneous. I am all for it! I am all about randomly deciding hey I want to go to Chattanooga, so I will pick up my keys and start driving. My thought process is that if you have yourself organized, it creates more time to be spontaneous.

I know that my lack of efficiency in the morning is my closet. It is a complete wreck. If I created more any organization, I guarantee I could shave at least 5 minutes off my getting ready routine. What will it take for me to do it? Time, dedication and effort. I will have to take the time initially to set it up and follow up with a little more time when I am putting clothes away. Dedication to actually undertake the project and then to stay with it. And it will take a whole lot of effort, all the way around.

I am good at organizing my life both personally and professionally however my closet is another task entirely. I think I could find something more spontaneous to do that would be way more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers