Friday, March 9, 2012

Oops

One of my love affairs in life is with cooking. Nothing is better than after a long day of sitting behind a desk than to stand up in my kitchen chopping the crap out of vegetables with my beautiful burgundy Paula Deen knife set and create something tasty. I often think that my love comes from the ability to feel accomplished. After only an hour from start to finish, a creation has been made and often devoured (sometimes chowing down in the kitchen and never making it to a table). The other aspect that intrigues me is one of making mistakes. Often in cooking, mistakes can be fixed and missing ingredients can be improvised on. It is the beauty of creation that sometimes the mistakes that are made can turn out to be blessings, and yummy ones at that.
Salmon Cakes! I had left over salmon but I didn't have any bread for a binder, however  I had left over tortilla chips that worked like a charm! 
Mayonnaise and I are not friends. So these deviled eggs are made with Greek Yogurt instead. Healthier and minus the yucky mayo is a plus in my book.  
You know what, that is life is about. We are not perfect beings, but we can strive to see the blessings out of the mistakes that we make and remember that tbs and tbsp are not the same.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that you had a blog!! I enjoyed this post!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers