Thursday, February 2, 2012

Mistake


The most beautiful bracelets of all different colors, four of them tied together made a beautiful set of creams, tans, browns and teal. All together they cost $25. Snuggled in next to them on the display was a coral bracelet that added a little pop of color, the one bracelet cost $18. I headed up to the cash register and the sales associate took the price of the bracelets tied together, rung me up and I paid $25 plus tax and I walked out the door with all five bracelets, not having paid for the coral one because she thought they all went together. It is one of those times where it is a whole lot easier just to walk away.

I did walk away, I walked three blocks away, and then I walked back to the store. I explained to the lady what had happened and she looked at me like I was crazy. I was coming back into the store to pay her more money, for her oversight. Point blank she said, you are the only person I have ever seen do that, most of the time they are trying to sneak stuff out of the store hoping they won’t get caught.

It is a constant battle, the battle of the flesh between doing right and wrong, most of the time it is easier to do wrong because it is the selfish thing to do.

At the end of the day I knew that I didn’t do the right thing to begin with, but I went back and corrected myself. Being able to fess up after a bad judgment call happens is super important; don’t go on lying to yourself and others. Recognize the bad call, and do your darnest not to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers